Total Cost of Ownership
Today, many corporations lease data centre space as a way to avoid the high cost of developing their own facilities. But leasing won’t work for everyone. Whether or not your data centre requirements should be outsourced or managed in-house depends on a number of important considerations. Metronode believes its clients should be at the centre of every solution. That’s why we work hand in hand with our clients to determine whether leasing data centre space or developing their own facility is right for them. The first step is to take the time to ensure our clients understand the costs involved in owning and operating a data centre facility. Using our sophisticated modelling tools, Metronode can accurately forecast the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for our clients so they understand the capital and operating costs associated with all of the equipment needed to provide power, cooling and physical protection for their IT solution.
The TCO for Metronode Data Centres is lower than many other data centre solutions, due to:
- Scalable architecture ensures a managed investment tailored to incremental requirements
- Pre-engineered, factory built facilities improves development time
- Support for high density loading to minimise space requirements
- Established supply partnerships ensure optimal price and delivery times
- Metronode purchasing power for ‘best of breed’ technologies
- Reduced operating costs
- Recyclable materials
Using the TCO results, we then help our clients complete a financial comparison showing the costs of leasing against the cost of owning.
The assessment doesn’t stop here. There are many other factors to consider, and we continue to work with our clients to ensure their business objectives are met.